Since different shades of green arouse unfavourable reactions in many people, it is generally thought of as a classifier colour. Of course greens with more white and less yellow are found to have a wider appeal. The positive physiological effects of green are:
- It facilitates the production of blood histamine, a compound found in almost all body tissues. Histamine performs the important functions of dilating the blood vessels and contracting smooth muscles like the lungs. It is also an important mediator of inflammation.
- It reduces allergic reactions to foods and hypersensitivity to additives like monosodium glutamate.
- It halts the release of histamine from mast cells and basophils, even under stimulation from antigens. It stabilizes the mast cells and basophils.
- It is very effective in reducing the discomfort arising from ailments like eczema, diarrhoea and gastrointestinal problems.
- The presence of green stimulates the release of vision chemicals that improve the eyesight. The reverse colour of exposed body tissue (which is mostly red) is surgical green, a shade, which facilitates the doctor’s vision. READ MORE